Whaler C. A. Larsen and Byrd Antarctic Expedition Illustrations. [Dunedin: Otago Harbour Board, 1929.]
The whaling factory ship C. A. Larsen was only the second whaler built able to process whales at sea, with a large loading ramp in the bow. At 158 metres long, this was the largest vessel ever mended at the Otago Dock, Port Chalmers. In fact, the dock needed to be lengthened by over eight metres to allow it to berth. The Otago Harbour Board proudly reproduced a series of photographs from originals published in the Otago Witness newspaper.